Here are our fashion tips to help you hide your post-baby bump.
- Wrap around tops and dresses are ideal wardrobe staples for new mums. The soft fabric will work with your body shape, not against it, and flatter your curves. If it suits you, you can belt them in as you lose those last few pounds and they can be easily dressed up with gorgeous jewellery for a special occasion.
- Skirts that are cut on the bias, wrap around or flippy are a great way of hiding problem hips. These styles are also really feminine so they’ll help you to feel more girly.
- Wearing a patterned top can help hide your post-baby bump. With pattern on your top you will balance out your body shape and will help to draw attention up towards your face. Pattern will also help to disguise any baby deposits too!
- Tops with an interesting neckline will divert attention away from your tummy area. V necks are flattering on everyone and can be accessorised. If you don’t want to wear jewellery, look for designs that have fun detailing such as stitching, buttons or embroidery.
- If you’re feeling tired, putting on a colourful top or dress (you need the colour near your face) is a great way of boosting your energy levels. Steer clear of black as this will only make you look and feel more tired.
- If you’re feeling self-conscious about your post-baby body choose clothes in soft fluid fabrics that hang well. These will help create the illusion on a longer leaner body without adding extra pounds.
- Underwear is key; whether you’re breastfeeding or not, you need to make sure you’re wearing the right size bra. Not only will this ensure you’re well supported, it will also help prevent the backache that many new mums suffer from. If you’re trying to get back into a favourite outfit for a special occasion then an all-in-one body is a great way of smoothing out any lumps and bumps.
- Finally, don’t forget your hair and make-up. For your hair choose a style that’s easy to manage and that will look good even if you don’t have time to dry it. A bit of lippy and some mascara will give your face a lift and will help to keep you looking great even if junior has kept you up all night.